Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 solodolo

solodolo

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 AM

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:58 PM

Hey all, new to the forums and in pretty serious need of some help. I bought an IBUYPOWER prebuilt gaming rig last... April I think, and its been working great for me. Recently however ( the last month or so), the sound keeps going out. It went out for about a week before randomly coming back (nothing I did), and now its been gone for about 2-3 weeks. The sound icon down by the clock shows a red x and says that no speakers are plugged in. I've tried a bunch of things to try and get my audio back on, but no luck. I'm not sure what I would need to provide here for anybody to help me, or what I SHOULDNT post for security reasons, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Some important notes
*I have Windows 7
*I have two jacks for my speakers, one in the back where you would typically expect to find one, but also an additional one in the front panel. Neither one apparently works, leading me to believe its a driver issue.
*Gosh idk what else to put down! any help would be greatly appreciated, I used to think I was capable with computers but this seems to be beyond me

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:03 AM

Hi -
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/duWp2xfaBg7w3cULkWzQFZA

Click on the link below to find how to publish the Snapshot -
Please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy, and post a link to it in this thread:
It is a convenient and accurate way of providing us with details of your computer specifications.
Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users