Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yahoo Messenger

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 aka2

aka2

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:52 PM

Hello,

I am trying to install yahoo messenger 11 on my laptop and I am unable to do the same. Each time the computer freezes mid-way in the installation process and it stays that way no matter how long I wait (even left my laptop running for hours hoping it will work). I had yahoo messenger in the past and so I am not sure what is stopping it from installing. Below are some details:

Operating Software: Windows XP Home Edition
Antivirus Programs: I use Avast and I disabled it before trying to install yahoo messenger as I read somewhere that anti-virus programs can sometimes interfere with yahoo installation
Yahoo Messenger: I have double checked and installed the latest version from the Yahoo website
Firewall: I have no firewalls on my computer or router that may interfere with this
Viruses/Adware: I have run SAS and Malware Antivirus several times to make sure the computer is free of any unwanted and malicious malware
Residual Folders: I went to the registry folder by running regedit and have even tried deleting old yahoo folders and then retrying the installation with the hope that it would work but no luck.

I have tried all options known to me and I am really looking for some additional insight with the issue. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DonnaB

DonnaB

Bleepin' Ailurophile

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 2,412 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:48 PM

Hi aka2,

Not sure my experience with downloading Yahoo Messenger will help or not but I had the same problem a few years ago. I was on dial up at the time and couldn't get it to install. Finally had to take it to a friend who had a much faster connection and Yahoo Messenger installed with no issues.

Donna :)

A cat named ugly

Proud parent of a young Man who devotes his life to the U.S.Navy

Graduate of GeekU Malware Removal training program

"To achieve the impossible, it is precisely the unthinkable that must be thought." ~ Tom Robbins

"Once I knew only darkness and stillness... my life was without past or future... but a little word from the fingers of another fell into my hand that clutched at emptiness, and my heart leaped to the rapture of living." ~ Helen Keller

#3 aka2

aka2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:37 AM

Thanks for your response. But the issue in my case is not the internet speed. I have an internet connection with good speeds. I have a feeling there is something, some other program or residual components from when I had yahoo messenger on my machine earlier or just something else that is preventing yahoo from being installed. Can someone please help with this?

#4 shikhak

shikhak

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:28 PM

I think your internet connection is either slow or not properly connected.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users