1. When I run "The Movies" and "Starship Titanic" (old pc adventure game for those who don't know), as soon as the application runs and goes to full screen, it minimizes to the taskbar. When I click it's respective button, it maximizes for 1 second and then minimizes again. So I am unable to view the screen to play the game. The application itself seems to be working just fine, I just can't keep it on the screen. I am having the same problem when running full screen visualizations in winamp.
2. In dxdiag.exe, when I run the Direct3D tests, it goes fullscreen for a moment and then back to the dxdiag window with the message "You cancelled the test by pressing a key." However DirectDraw's fullscreen test completes with no problem.
These problems are limited only to those applications listed - all other games and apps I have work just fine as far as I know.
I'm running a Sony VAIO 3.0 GHz, 1gb memory, plenty of hard drive space, ATI X850 Pro video card, SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS sound card, Samsung SyncMaster 930B LCD
So here are some solutions I have already investigated -
- I thought maybe the problem could have been graphics drivers, but updating did not work. So I made sure to uninstall properly and try other older graphics driver versions, but also to no avail.
- My LCD had been purchased recently so I thought maybe somehow that was causing this to occur, so I hooked up an older CRT to test it out and I had the same problem.
- I also tried all different versions of all the software I was having troubles with, except for DirectX, which is updated to the newest version.
I know that this did not happen in the past, however I cannot trace it back to any particular installation/occurance. All I can think of is that some application is emulating the keypresses to minimize the window.I have recently run a complete virus scan and spyware scan with none detected. Any help will be much appreciated. Hopefully I'm just missing something simple
Edited by romulus267, 01 February 2006 - 06:31 PM.