Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malwarebytes won't run

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sue ward

sue ward

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:31 PM

I installed Malwarebytes anti-malware sofware a while ago and it was running fine. About 3 weeks ago, that came to an end. When I started it, I got a message saying that Windows cannot find the path and that I may not have the appropriate permissions to access the file. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program on several occasions and when I first do so, the scan starts but closes after only a few seconds and then I cannot start it again without getting the message about the path and the permissions. I know there must be another virus preventing this and I have since manually removed Privacy Protection a couple times while in Safe Mode, but this has not helped. Please advise what to do next. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:38 PM

Hello, I moved this to the Am I Infected forum,
Use Inherit.exe to fix inappropriate permissions.
Use this fix, when you see a box that states “Windows cannot not access the specified device, path, or file. You may have inappropriate permissions to access the item”.

Download This File
Save it next to mbam.exe (this file is located in the Malwarebytes Anti-malware home folder). Once done, drag and drop mbam.exe into Inherit.exe. Click OK and attempt to run Malwarebytes Anti-malware once again.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users