Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cloud 2012 virus [Split topic]

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 michelle1983

michelle1983

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 27 November 2011 - 01:00 PM

I didn't read the other instructions posted above yet, but I just got this #$(&*er yesterday and here's what I did: (I wasn't able to boot in safe mode either)
Restart the computer, and the instant the desktop shows up (before all the icons in the tray appear), hit ctrl+alt+del and close the application "cloud av" (or cloud something I'm not sure) right away (if you have a gazillion things running like my computer you'll want to click the name tab to sort them alphabetically and find cloud quicker). Once it's closed, I did a search for files/folders named cloud and deleted everything related to the virus (some was in windows/system32, some was in startup, and I think some may have been elsewhere). Finally, I ran my antivirus software, though it didn't find anything at that point.
Hope you're able to fix your comp... all the f'ers that make these viruses should be shot

Split from here: ~ OB

Edited by Orange Blossom, 27 November 2011 - 02:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,035 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:03 PM

Thanks mixhelle.. Just want to add that as this infection is known to be bundled with the TDSS rootkit infection, you should also run a program that can be used to scan for this infection. Please follow the steps in the following guide:

Please run the tool here How to remove Google Redirects

When it is done, a log file should be created on your C: drive called "TDSSKiller.txt" please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users