Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stuck at aquiring network address

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nataliew2

nataliew2

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:32 PM

Not sure if this is where I would post this.
My problem is, AVG found malware and trojans. It put them in the vault but after this happened, I wasn't able to get onto the internet. The wireless status sits at Acquiring network address.
I tried uninstalling the drivers for the network card and downloading new drivers but it didn't work.
So after doing some research, I ran Combofix. It found Rootkit.zeroaccess and fixed it.
I also ran rkill.com, winsockxpfix, TCPIPfix.exe, OTL.exe.
Nothing else is found but still cannot get onto internet.
So going into services, I clicked on DHCP Client and clicked Start service. This error pops up:
" Could not start the DHCP Client service on Local Computer. Error 1075: The dependency service does no exist or has been marked for deletion"
Also tried starting TCP/IP Netbio helper and this comes up:
"Error 1075: The dependency service does no exist or has been marked for deletion"
Also tried starting ISEC Services and this comes up:
" Error 10050: A socket operation encountered a dead network"

Not sure what to do now. Any ideas?
Any help would be appreciated.
Natalie :wacko:
Natalie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 a_cup

a_cup

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:45 PM

Hi nataliew2,

Something to try...Go to internet options>>click the connections tab>>under Local Area Network (LAN)settings click LAN settings button..make sure the 'use a proxy server for your LAN' is unchecked..

Another possible solution..
How to fix error 1075 "The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion" and access the Security Center in Window XP computer?

Pauline

edited to include link for possible solution

Edited by a_cup, 27 November 2011 - 02:47 PM.

#3 nataliew2

nataliew2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:48 PM

Hello,

Made sure the proxy was unchecked and I also tried the suggestion on the webpage but both didn't work.
Thank you!
Natalie

Edited by nataliew2, 27 November 2011 - 02:49 PM.

Natalie

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:26 PM

So after doing some research, I ran Combofix. It found Rootkit.zeroaccess and fixed it.
I also ran rkill.com, winsockxpfix, TCPIPfix.exe, OTL.exe. Nothing else is found but still cannot get onto internet.

Hello Natalie -
If you are not fully skilled at reading the logs produced by these programs, you will miss many items.
OTL fixes nothing, but merely produces a readout of your system at the time it was run.
ComboFif is not like your Antivirus or Antimalware program, and the log also needs to be read by an expert.

Please note that as you hane used these programs, the best place to post is Am I Infected.
You may not have any malware, but the experts now need to see what you have produced in those logs.

Thank You -

#5 nataliew2

nataliew2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:31 PM

Ok, I'll post there, thanks a ton
Natalie
Natalie