Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Asrock Ks741 Installiation Issues

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rhythmeister

rhythmeister

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 01 February 2006 - 06:01 PM

Hi all, nice forum-only found the place trying to find info about creating a bootable floppy disc to try and update the bios on this motherboard.
Anyway...I've been running a mobile 2500 in a soltek eq3702a sff system with 1Gb (2x512 Mb) of kingston value ram (ddr 400 @ 333 due to chipset) flawlessly for months. I've recently obtained this new board and an aspire micro atx case which I built today but cannot get the system to install windows-BSOD. I assumed it was a ram issue so I tried the ram singly at 333 and 400 MHz but no difference, can't even get to BIOS with 2 sticks in at 400 MHz. The box states ddr 400 and the site says ddr 400 but there is no info on the site about memory compatibility :thumbsup:

I'm REAllY stressed out by this cheeky bugger of a motherboard, any advice from some big brains would be greatly appreciated :flowers:

Oh, and if sum1 can tell me how to create a bootable floppy so I can update the bios on the board that'd be great :trumpet:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 02 February 2006 - 03:28 AM

Please post the full BSOD code.

It will look something like this:
0x00000000 (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

#3 rhythmeister

rhythmeister
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2006 - 05:22 AM

The error code is:
0x00000050 (0xfffffff7, 0x00000000, 0x808442b8, 0x00000000) as far as I can tell from what I scribbled down in a frustrated moment! I get a different error message with the other "pc components" cheapo PC World stick of 512 pc3200 if this makes any difference.
I'm installing with M$ wireless keyboard and mouse, 2 ide drives and 2 optical drives jumpered correctly and identified fine in bios. The odd thing is, the jumpered multiplier adjustment makes no difference to reported cpu speed even tho I have a mobile cpu and have been using it successfully at various multiplier settings for months :thumbsup:
I'll be trying a Thorton 2600 shortly and if I still can't install windows I'll be trying another stick of new 512Mb Kingston pc3200
Thanks for the quick reply btw, much appreciated :flowers:

Quick edti-trying a desktop cpu and it's installing ok. The main prob is that I may need to lose the 2500 mobile in favour of a 2500 desktop cpu which I prob can't oc as far :trumpet:

Edited by rhythmeister, 02 February 2006 - 07:25 AM.

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 AM

Posted 02 February 2006 - 10:35 AM

Stop 0x00000050 or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 02 February 2006 - 03:16 PM

You can get a bootable floppy from http://www.bootdisk.com - I'd suggest the Win98SE one.

BUT, you said that you can't even get into the BIOS!

Error messages don't always stay the same - they'll change depending on what particular component caused the error. Generally (IMO) the more different errors that you get, the more "basic" the problem is.

In this case it's the mobo. It won't run how you've set it up. I'd suggest that you try it using only components that they say the mobo is capable of. The key here is staying with "stock" components until it's proven stable - then start with the overclocking stuff (one thing at a time) to ensure that you can isolate any problems without having to sort through a mountain of stuff that's been installed. It don't matter how good your overclock is if the system won't run! :thumbsup:

My favorite overclocking site: http://www.overclockers.com/
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 rhythmeister

rhythmeister
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2006 - 07:14 AM

Thanks for all the advice guys, turns out it was the Maxtor DM9 160Gb HDD got from ebay a few months back! It had majorly corrupted xp and wouldn't allow repair/ reinstallation of xp, or being run as a slave. Managed to use it in the old pc (Soltek EQ3702a) I was rebuilding with my friends componentry (2200 xp etc) and reformat. It error checked fine, refomatted etc but then died a few days ago :thumbsup: On the bright side I did invest in a DM10 250Gb 16Mb cache, ata-133 so she's faster than ever-2.38GHz at the mo altho' only 512Mb pc3200!

Edited by rhythmeister, 25 February 2006 - 07:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users