i'm not especially new to these forums over here just the dreaded first time i would be posting here. I think i have a TDSS rootkit or some type of rootkit somewhere in my system, i've tried using tdsskiller from kaspersky, the scans come up negative, the same for sophos. Malwarebytes was disabled quite early on i think so when various bits of malware started popping up i had to use Super anti Spyware to get them.
Reasons why i think i have a rootkit:
1. Browsers blocked, no internet access whatsoever yet almost 500mbs gone from my c drive (restored registry keys from FixEXE to go on the internet)
2. Privacy protection malware/ rogue anti-virus program popped up. Booted in safe mode ran Super anti spyware and rkill nothing found but when i booted up normally again, it was gone?!?!?! seems it was deleted by something i didnt do!)
3. Computer has been EXTREMELY slow recently at times where i can't launch / click on anything for about 5-10 seconds
4. Random restarts and shutdowns. i always interrupt these by hitting the power button and doing a force shutdown i.e. holding the power button for 10 seconds.
5. Forgot to mention, i've been getting strange redirects to ebay and other strange sites from search links from google
I've run sophos anti-rootkit, AVG anti-rootkit (though this was disabled soon after the initial scan)and tdsskiller. Aside from that Sup. Anti Spyware for the malware and FixEXE to get my pre-rootkit registry keys back. Oh i also forgot to mention i used combofix in safe mode and let it run for the night but when i woke up this morning my computer was frozen and the malware (Privacy centre) was gone. N.B i did this yesterday night before i came to bleeping computer. i had no idea i wasnt supposed to use it
Hope you can take some time to reply to this soon,
Edited by Chanct, 27 November 2011 - 04:20 PM.