Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless printing is very slow

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Konadan

Konadan

• Members
  • 261 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:29 AM

I have a wireless connection from a Win 7 Pc to a XP printer (HP 1006). I can print from the XP to the Hp P1006, easily. But from the Win 7, it takes from 30 to 60 seconds. I think I need a Win 7 printer driver, but where do I put it? Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 AM

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:15 AM

But from the Win 7, it takes from 30 to 60 seconds.

Hi Konadan -
This is not a real problem, unless you are in an office area.
My XP will take the same time to send information to my Cannon printer and then start printing.
Do not worry while it is within that general range of time :)

Regards -

#3 Konadan

Konadan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 261 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:36 AM

Thanks for your reply. From my XP, there is no time delay. From the Win7 over wireless it takes 30 to 60 seconds. I don't believe this is normal.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 AM

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:08 AM

From the Win7 over wireless it takes 30 to 60 seconds. I don't believe this is normal.

I do believe it can be normal.
This is based on the use of 3 printers and on my last 3 computers -

Thank You -

#5 amstadaM

amstadaM

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:26 PM

I don't think it is a driver problem. My printing on my Windows 7 desktop does this too. Patience is a virtue ;).
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - A. Einstein

#6 Konadan

Konadan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 261 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:53 PM

Thanks for the replies. :) Am I reading you right? It takes 30 to 60 seconds before it's starts printing (win7 wireless to xp printer), and this is normal?

Edited by Konadan, 29 November 2011 - 10:54 PM.

#7 Konadan

Konadan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 261 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:11 PM

Some additional info: As I initiate the printing process from the win7, I immediately see (in the xp printer function) 2 documents in queue (only one is noted as printing). But the document will not print until 30 to 60 seconds.

#8 Konadan

Konadan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 261 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:47 PM

This issue is closed. You guys are correct. Per HP Support, the delay is normal, and it's because of Win 7 interfacing with XP (not fully transparent). Thank you all for your help! :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users