Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 richierein

richierein

• Members
  • 379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 27 November 2011 - 01:40 AM

On my Google Toolbar I clicked 'Search the sites you already visited' > Entered my Email address and password. I saw every site I had searched for over the past two years as well as numerous sites I have never seen or searched for. How is this possible? Is this information stored locally on my computer or somewhere out there in the World Wild West?

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Horane Messinho

Horane Messinho

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 27 November 2011 - 01:48 AM

cool.... im refering to you being able to view all the sites you vivsited in the past 2 years :wink:
Posted Image

Horane Messinho 4 Life-MessiskillzHD

#3 richierein

richierein
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:21 PM

Every time I check this site I see many many more places I have never visited. I don't know if I am seeing something I shouldn't or if someone else is using my account. Is there anyone here who has seen something like this?

#4 Required Field

Required Field

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:25 AM

This was kind of an interesting read...
http://www.google.com/toolbar/privacy.html
The information here might provide a clue...
"Any time you use the Google Toolbar to contact Google, such as by sending a search query to Google, the Toolbar sends standard, limited information including your machine’s IP address and one or more cookies. This data is retained in Google’s server logs and protected according to our general Privacy Policy."
That's probably it. That and the "suggested sites." If it scares you, try uninstalling the toolbar. If you find anything else out, be sure to post it, I'm pretty interested.
"Most quotes attributed to famous people on the internet are fake." -Abraham Lincoln

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users