Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

StRange KeyboaRd PRoblems

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 slizmo

slizmo

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 27 November 2011 - 01:20 AM

A Few days ago I spilled some DR PeppeR on my keyboaRd, actually mainly speakeRs, and they still woRk, but oVeR the last Few days my keys haVe slowly stopped woRking leaVing V, F, R, and the numbeR FouR not woRking. Now the odd paRt to all oF this is that all keys still woRk in uppeRcase including 4 when on(just Found that out while typing this up). My toshiba laptop also has a numpad that doesnt woRk but has a gReen light that goes oFF aFteR each pRessed key. EVen in loweRcaSE the light shows its being pRessed but will not show up? Any suggestions? I'm getting compRessed aiR soon as well as a keyboaRd iF this keeps up. Any help would be much appReciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,671 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:05 AM

You have a keyboard that doesn't work because you spilled soda on it - is that correct? If so, replace the keyboard.

#3 slizmo

slizmo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2011 - 01:24 PM

The keyboaRd mentioned is on a toshiba laptop, and I am not that good with dissembling and putting it back togetheR. All I can do is change the Ram and haRdRiVe. Is theRe anything I can do without taking it apaRt completely?

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,671 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2011 - 01:49 PM

I had no way of knowing you are talking about a laptop. You mentioned a laptop that has a problem with the number pad, but did not say the system with the keyboard issue is also a laptop. The more information you provide, the easier it is for us to help you.

Either try a usb keyboard or send the laptop out to be repaired (or back to the manufacturer).

#5 slizmo

slizmo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:00 PM

No need to justiFy youRselF, I Know. So isn't theRE anything else I can do? I just Feel like theRe has to be a way iF the keys still woRk, despite them being in caps and eVen when theyRe not, the computeR still Recognizes them being pRessed down but just wont show up.

#6 a_cup

a_cup

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:07 PM

Hi Slizmo,

Here is a general guide on replacing laptop keyboards..How To Remove A Laptop Keyboard?

Pauline

edited to change 'generic' to 'general'

Edited by a_cup, 27 November 2011 - 02:10 PM.

#7 a_cup

a_cup

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:34 PM

You can try removing the keys and clean under them...

Pauline

#8 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:59 PM

If you post the model part number or the model from the sticker underneath the laptop I can post directions on R & R the keyboard. You really need to read the label on the DR. Pepper. I don't have one to look at, I know for example that Coke & Pepsi both have Phosphoric Acid in them unless they've changed the formula. Sugars tend to make the keys stick and I've seen it gum up the optical drive to where it wouldn't open.

I agree with change the keyboard and also you need to remove the keyboard and look underneath to be sure the soda isn't corroding the motherboard.

Edited by rotor123, 28 November 2011 - 04:23 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users