Do you have a flash drive or portable USB device?
Let's try again to download Rkill with a different name from a clean computer
to your flash drive:
Please delete the old Rkill you've already downloaded.
Please download Rkill
by Grinler and save it to your flashdrive. But this time right click
one of following links, and make sure that your flash drive
is selected in the left pane of the screen, then choose "save link as
Rename the file to privacy.exe
...make sure that the Save As Type
box is set to "All Files".Link 2Link 3Link 4
Now insert the same flash drive into your sick computer, and copy the file to the desktop. Try this in normal mode
as safe mode is not working.
- Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon (it should look like a small black box) to run the tool.
- A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
- If not, delete the file, then download and rename the one provided in Link 2.
- If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
- If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
Note: the tool may take several minutes to finish, and you will see a text file displayed on your screen if it does finish.Do not reboot the computer or you will need to run the application again.
After running Rkill, then please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2Malwarebytes' may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet and double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to this Guide.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- Malwarebytes will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
- If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button and continue.
- If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
Note: If Malwarebytes' encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally will prevent Malwarebytes' from removing all the malware.
- Under the Scanner tab, make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
- Click on the Scan button.
- When finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box, then click the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked and then click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows the database version and your operating system.
- Exit Malwarebytes' when done.
How is your computer running now?
Edited by bloopie reborn, 29 November 2011 - 02:26 PM.