Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Using Data Restore Uninstall Guide

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 glassgreen

glassgreen

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:58 PM

*********************************************************************************************************

Important -- I have the System Fix Virus (not the Data Restore virus)

*********************************************************************************************************

I can't follow any of the steps in the System Fix uninstall guide because my desktop is black and no programs are showing up in my Start menu. So not only can I not get to your website to download the programs from my computer, I wouldn't be able to launch any of the programs if I saved them off on a flash drive.

I was able to launch my virus software (Webroot) and have started running it, but I haven't shut down virus process, so I don't know if it will get quarantined.

I'm wondering, should I try to start my computer in safe mode? Will that let me download and run the programs in the Data Restore uninstall guide?

Also, not described in the info about the virus, was the fact that my machine rebooted by itself. I did not initiate the reboot. However, after that I was still able to launch webroot.

Edited by glassgreen, 26 November 2011 - 08:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:11 PM

yes try and boot into safemode and if you can download malwarebytes antimalware from malwarebytes.org update the database and run a full scan then post the log here
Hey everyone I'm Allen I am a young web developer/designer/programmer I also help people with computer issues including hardware problems, malware/viruses infections and software conflicts. I am a kind and easy to get along with person so if you need help feel free to ask.

#3 Greg Davis

Greg Davis

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:58 PM

Hi,

This is Greg from Webroot Support.

I would suggest that you boot into Safe Mode with Networking, launch Webroot SecureAnywhere and then select Scan Now. This will allow SecureAnywhere to check the files on your system against our ever-growing cloud database which can detect and remove variants of infections faster than traditional antivirus products. Please try this out and let me know if SecureAnywhere detects and removes the infection.

Thank you,
Greg

Important -- I have the System Fix Virus (not the Data Restore virus)

I can't follow any of the steps in the System Fix uninstall guide because my desktop is black and no programs are showing up in my Start menu. So not only can I not get to your website to download the programs from my computer, I wouldn't be able to launch any of the programs if I saved them off on a flash drive.

I was able to launch my virus software (Webroot) and have started running it, but I haven't shut down virus process, so I don't know if it will get quarantined.

I'm wondering, should I try to start my computer in safe mode? Will that let me download and run the programs in the Data Restore uninstall guide?

Also, not described in the info about the virus, was the fact that my machine rebooted by itself. I did not initiate the reboot. However, after that I was still able to launch webroot.

Edited by Greg Davis, 28 December 2011 - 07:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users