Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop fan wont come on

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ashlynette92

ashlynette92

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:23 PM

my system is:
windows xp
home edition
version 2002
service pack 3
its an Asus eeePC

i have no idea how to find the rest of the specs such as the ones ive seen people put on here. =/ sorry

my laptop fan began turning off and on at the wrong times since earlier this summer but i didnt seek help. then for about 2 months now it'll only turn on maybe once every two weeks and almost every night my laptop overheats so bad that it crashes/shuts down. ive woken up this month almost every morning to my computer turned off even though i havent turn it off.

my brother dropped it twice and thats when the problems first began. i would knock/bang near the fan to get it on when i wanted it on and off when i wanted it off. but now banging doesnt work neither.

im willing to put up more specs if told which ones are needed and how to get them.

thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kbit

kbit

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:39 PM

you may have already damaged your computer by running it since fan went wonky . i`m afraid the only thing you can do is take it to a computer shop and see if fan can be repaired. fans are very important components to any computer and more so for laptops. overheating a laptop is the no. 1 reason for laptop failure , either from blockage on bottom air holes or fan failure. sorry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users