Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Highjacked Puter, Will Only Start In Safe Mode

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kemospear

kemospear

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 01 February 2006 - 03:14 PM

hey all, I am a noob here, so please be gentle.

My computer was recently hit with a bad virus and it seems that there was a highjacker in it as well ( I am guessing).
First, it took over my TrendMicro antivirus program so I could not up date it. I decided to uninstall it and then reinstall it. when I tryed this, it gave me access denied. When I tryed it again, it asked me for a password (I have never used the password option on this program before), so I had no clue on what it could be. I thought I was smart and figured if I uninstalled it in safe mode I could take it out. I went into safe mode and then tryed to uninstall it but it didnt ask me for the password this time, it just said that it was being used by a nother program. Frustrated, I decided to restart my computer. Whe I did that, it automaticaly went into safe mode again. This time I noticed on the login page ( where it has the icons for the diffrent users on that puter) that there was now and Administrator icon which was NEVER there before and was asking for a password. Now, my puter will ONLY load up in safe mode no matter how many times and ways I have tryed restarting it!

This is what I have tryed to fix the Safe Mode problem:
1: I tryed going to the "run" in the start menu and typed in "msconfig", clicked on "normal start up" and then applyed it and clicked on restart. It restarted in Safe Mode.

2: I tryed holding the F8 on start up and moved the slection bar to 'Normal Start Up"....it still started up in Safe Mode!

If anyone has any idea on how to fix this and get this virus/highjacker off my puter, I will be truly in tebt to you.

Luckly, my wireless network is just fine and can use my laptop so I can still access the net. Please email me at "kemospear2005@yahoo.com" or you can IM me on Yahoo @ "kemospear2005"

Please help, I am at my wits end. I am a graphic designer and do not want to loose all the programs and work I have done by being forced to Fdisk my HD.....which I feel like is my only option right now

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users