Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot access one website

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Reena

Reena

• Members
  • 391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:16 PM

For some reason I am unable to access a website I have been visiting for five years. As I am editing an online magazine for the group and am in the middle of producing the latest issue I need to be able to access the artcles already posted as soon as possible.

I wondered if a programme might be causing trouble and decided to try System Restore to get back to an earlier time. SR., however, will not work. I keep getting the message :

failed while copying registry from restore point Error 0x80070570

I can access other sites but not the one I desperately need.

Any advice you can offer will be gratefully received and I offer my THANKS in advance.

If I have posted in an incorrect section, I apologise. I did try to search for the coreect one.

Windows 7

Internet Explorer 9

Zone Alarm

Avira AntiVirus Personal free version

Zemana Antilogger

MalwareBytes AntiMalware

SuperAntiSpyware Professional

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:29 PM

Hi -
Can you please leave a link to the site so we can check if the fault is yours or the sites -

Thank You -

#3 Reena

Reena
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:49 AM

noknojon : Thanks, but,no, it's my PC that is at fault.

Actually after posting this I found all websites inaccessible ; my e-mail site is down and even my printer access is lost. That means my PC has to be looked at by its creator!

I am back with my 6 year old Medion PC which has given me great service. (touch wood) and using the same router so that is Ok at the moment.

My thanks for your quesion.

ALL: Please ignore this post now as, sadly, my PC needs personal attention.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users