Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quick Question

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 zeyzey017

zeyzey017

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:33 AM

first i do not sure if this the right place
but this have a connect about windows 7, windows vista or xp and hardware drivers

so i come on windows 7 forum
i just upgrade a Computer from windows xp to windows 7
sometimes i backup the driver using smart driver back up, a little utility that can add on Windows PE
sadly the back up files cannot be installed.

i just click the .INF file and installed but some error pop ups,
something like not compatible ( idk the correct word)

beside windows 7 can download driver, sometimes connection very bad.

so how to installed .INF file come from xp to windows 7 ??
thanks guys :D

explore your mind

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:10 PM

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're trying to do. If you just did a clean install of Windows 7 you need to download and install all new, Windows 7 compatible drivers - starting with the chipset driver.

#3 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,985 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:35 PM

Windows 7 was designed to be backwards compatible as far as possible with Vista drivers, but even this is not always successful. A small number of XP drivers that would also work in Vista may carry over to Win 7, but if the driver is identified as incompatible, there's really no point trying to force the issue. If you could make it install, you would be likely to end up with an unstable or unbootable Windows, or the driver would simply be unable to load, which would be pointless.

If your internet is too patchy to reliably download drivers, can you get a friend or relative to download the Windows 7 drivers for you?

Top 5 things that never get done:

#4 zeyzey017

zeyzey017
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2011 - 12:50 AM

here is the example of Drivers that i back up from windows vista

Intel® G33_G31_P35 Express Chipset Processor

i use the software Smart Driver BackUp, i try to install that for example.

just a example situation, i got the CD/DVD drivers for motherboard and other cards but the CD/DVD-ROM dosnt work at all.

thanks, im just thinking if this happen to me :D

explore your mind

#5 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,985 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:05 AM

I don't quite understand the purpose of persisting with something that doesn't work. The Intel INF updater is small and available here:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20019&keyword=%22Intel+P35+Express+Chipset%22&lang=eng

No further drivers are normally needed for a CD/DVD drive. If Windows did not already know how to use such a drive, Windows could not be installed from one. For a non-functioning optical drive, can the drive read from bootable CD and DVD media? If not, then the drive itself is faulty and drivers are not the issue. (A dirty laser lens can also cause this, so try cleaning the laser.) If the system can boot from optical media, does the Device Manager report the device installation as faulty?

#6 zeyzey017

zeyzey017
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:13 AM

sorry for my question, but that was a example driver only, just thinking if the computer is offline other situation like i cannot download, you know in our country many computer doesnt not have online connection xD

but thanks for replying me guys :D

explore your mind

#7 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,985 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:36 AM

OK, I understand now, a "what if" scenario. In very many cases, Windows 7 has workable drivers built in.

If the Vista drivers cannot be persuaded to work with Windows 7, will the Driver Backup program extract drivers under Windows 7? It might be possible to find someone with a system using compatible hardware that already has Windows 7 set up on it, and if they don't have a driver/OS disk, as most current pre-built systems don't, extract missing drivers with the program.

#8 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:26 AM

@zeyzey017

While I understand that the computer is offline, I would still suggest downloading the latest version of the required drivers from the manufacturer's website using a friend's computer.

Why attempt to restore the old drivers and use them, when you can just download new ones for your hardware right? :)
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#9 zeyzey017

zeyzey017
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:23 AM

thanks mates :D im sorry for my english, i cannot say the right term :D post close

explore your mind

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users