Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help Picking Out A Computer.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Incentive

Incentive

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 01 February 2006 - 02:52 PM

I have $3000.00 to spend on a computer the last one i bought alpha computer was crap so i wana buy one from a big company.

sony, hp, toshiba...ect...

anyways what is the all out best computer on the market right now so far the sony vaio rb was the nicest i found. is there any thing better? I want some thing with at least a 1gig on the ram. (and is sure not to have problems)

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 01 February 2006 - 03:42 PM

Well, any computer, even from a well-known company, can have problems. Just a few clarifying questions:
1. Are you planning to use your current monitor?
2. What sort of things are you going to be doing on the computer? High graphics gaming or media manipulation, for example, will more or less dictate the kind of graphics card to look for. If you tell us how you use your computer, we can give better advice.
3. Have you considered building your OWN computer?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 01 February 2006 - 03:56 PM

Hello, One thing I have learned it doesnot matter what you spend on something, I guarantee you might have trouble with it. Actually there is no absolute way to say, "Buy this and you are set." First of all make a call to the local better business bureau and ask them for info on which one has the most problems. Also you can contact a local user group in your area and go to one of their meetings, ask about it. I recently bought a new computer thru Sam's Club. Actually it is the first oen I have ever bought brand new and did not build from scratch. I have had it for 2 years now and thank god it has not broke down on me yet. Knock, knock.
Actually the best type of system to get is a built from scratch computer from a local computer bilder as long as it is a reputable one, you can check with the BBB on who has the fewest complaints. Again a user group here is also a good indicator of what is best, since you have a concentrated group of people to ask quesetions to.

Happy hunting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users