Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Geezer noob

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jimmj43

jimmj43

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:25 AM

..I'm prepared to do both.

I'm not saying I'm *OLD*, but I hold the patent on the invention of dirt. I pretty much live in a cave in the middle of a cornfield in West central Illinois. Translation: A village of less than 300 population.It's just me and my 2-year-old black lab, Fred. <-- She's a girl but doesn't mind the name.

My 1st computer was a Compaq Portable 286. And sometimes I think I've gone downhill since.
1st modernish computer was no-name 300MHz loaded with W98SE.

Dabbled a bit with Linux and happened to strike gold when I happened across PCLinuxOS. I've tried a bunch, from Puppy to Symbian - including several incarnations of Ubuntu. <-- The last straw fell for that when a seemingly endless supply of updates "broke" the download manager and I ended up reformatting. Puppy's cute and has its uses. I like Mint too. But to my mind, PCLinuxOS makes the transition back and forth between it and Wondoze almost seamless.

Currently have an HP DC7100, 2.8GHz set up to dual-boot XP Pro + PCLOS.

Interweb connection is an "iffy" radio [marginal] broadband. Most times my Skype works OK.

Heavy-duty background in electricity & electronics beginning with formal USAF training in 1960. 13 years active duty, including 4 years [of partying] in Germany - especially Berlin, and 2 tours in Viet Nam: Phu Bai during Tet '68, then Quang Tri, then Ben Hoa.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users