Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Pavilion dv7t Quad Edition moniter brightness issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 spunks3

spunks3

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:00 AM

This is a brand new PC, i got it about 3 weeks ago. So i got home earlier in the night and HP Support Assistant advised me i needed to reboot. I chose to reboot and when the PC came back up the monitor brightness seems to be at the lowest level. This happened to me about a week after i got the PC but i did a system restore and the issue was resolved, however this time around i have tried two system restores and i am still not able to change the brightness. i have tried rebooting with e AC adapter connected and not connected. The power settings don't appear to have a brightness slider under power management, The hardware (f2 and f3 buttons) wont change the brightness either. The strange thing is that when the computer first boots up and if i go into BIOS the brightness seems fine but once Windows boots the brightness is stuck at the minimum. I cant seem to find a solution anywhere. My computer spec's are listed below....

dv7t Quad Ed
• Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
• 2nd generation Intel® Quad Core™ i7-2820QM (2.3 GHz, 8MB L3 Cache) w/Turbo Boost up to 3.4 GHz
• 2GB Radeon™ HD 6770M GDDR5 Graphics [HDMI, VGA]
• 16GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• 1TB 5400RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
• 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
• 17.3" Full HD BrightView Infinity LED(1920x1080)
• Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner
• HP TrueVision HD Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone and HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader
• Intel 802.11b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth®
• Standard Keyboard

Edited by spunks3, 26 November 2011 - 05:01 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 spunks3

spunks3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:43 AM

I RESOLVED THIS ISSUE!

it turns out that LogmeIn's Blank Screen driver was causing the issue. (DPMS)

i resolved this by going into device manager and uninstalling the DPMS driver under Moniter. a quick reboot later and my brightness is fully functioning!

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,563 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:14 PM

Glad you resolved it, thanks for posting your "cure", it may help someone in a similar situation.

Happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users