This is a brand new PC, i got it about 3 weeks ago. So i got home earlier in the night and HP Support Assistant advised me i needed to reboot. I chose to reboot and when the PC came back up the monitor brightness seems to be at the lowest level. This happened to me about a week after i got the PC but i did a system restore and the issue was resolved, however this time around i have tried two system restores and i am still not able to change the brightness. i have tried rebooting with e AC adapter connected and not connected. The power settings don't appear to have a brightness slider under power management, The hardware (f2 and f3 buttons) wont change the brightness either. The strange thing is that when the computer first boots up and if i go into BIOS the brightness seems fine but once Windows boots the brightness is stuck at the minimum. I cant seem to find a solution anywhere. My computer spec's are listed below....
dv7t Quad Ed
• Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
• 2nd generation Intel® Quad Core i7-2820QM (2.3 GHz, 8MB L3 Cache) w/Turbo Boost up to 3.4 GHz
• 2GB Radeon HD 6770M GDDR5 Graphics [HDMI, VGA]
• 16GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• 1TB 5400RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
• 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
• 17.3" Full HD BrightView Infinity LED(1920x1080)
• Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner
• HP TrueVision HD Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone and HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader
• Intel 802.11b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth®
• Standard Keyboard
Edited by spunks3, 26 November 2011 - 05:01 AM.