Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

high cpu usage

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wukkie1

wukkie1

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 26 November 2011 - 02:56 AM

hi would someone explain to me how to get rid of unwanted programmes without messing up the computer regards bill

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:56 AM

Hi wukkie1 -
Have you looked at Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove and scrolled down that list first -

Next you can also go Start > All Programs and look at the installed programs list there -

Some of them may have Uninstall as part of the program -

Look at these and tell me what you want to remove.

Regards -

#3 wukkie1

wukkie1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:30 AM

hi thanks, hotfix for windows, windows imaging component, windows security updates, windows media format, sonic and updates, python 2.2 p/win, bill

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 27 November 2011 - 01:10 AM

Hi -
Sorry that I did not get back earlier. The notification system misses at times.
"""hotfix for windows, windows imaging component, windows security updates, windows media format,""" do not remove any windows updates.

sonic and updates, python 2.2 p/win -Can you please explain these programs a bit more, and if that is all you want to remove, it is almost nothing -
If these are games or similar, then go Start > All Programs and if these have an Arrow next to them, see if there is an Uninstall.
If not then just tell me what they are -

Thank You -

#5 wukkie1

wukkie1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:49 AM

i think they are digimax things, is there a downloadable programme that i can get to identify unused programmes bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users