Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iBookshelf vs. Book Crawler

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 juvanya

juvanya

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:34 AM

I got an iPod Touch a few weeks ago and realized that there probably were apps for people who want to keep track of their books (having previously read about programs that do this). I also remembered that it can scan barcodes with Red Laser, so I thought "Hey, I could probably easily get the book database Ive always wanted with an app." Based on some research, Ive narrowed it down to iBookshelf and Book Crawler. Both are $1.99.

Originally, I only wanted books, but then upon reading, I found out you can also track DVDs and CDs. The guy who made iBookshelf, also offers a 3 for 1 My Library, which has CDs and DVDs also for $3.99. Testing the free versions, Ive found iBookshelf is able to lookup the DVDs and CDs. Book Crawler seems unable to and couldnt find a foreign book I had (iBookshelf could). I also need to have the ability to put call number (my library is organized), which is supported somewhat by both, but looks better and is only searchable in Book Crawler (altho I may not need that search ability).

Any advice? Thanks. :)

PS: This is purely for database, not for finding other books by the author or rating authors or any of that.

Edited by juvanya, 26 November 2011 - 12:35 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users