Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PCI Device freezing computer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 anb97761

anb97761

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 AM

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:47 PM

I'm Running Microsoft Windows XP
home edition
version 2002
service pack 3

Tashiba
Satellite
Processor 1.40GHZ
1.40 GHz,11.12GB of RAM

This problem just came all of a sudden My wireless icon disappeared...I tried to shut down and start back up and it still wasnt there...so I tried to restore to an earlier setting...that didnt work...later on it appeared but it kept on saying A LOCAL NETWORK CABLE IS UNPLUGGED window...I disabled that network and thought it would handle the problem but then another window popped up on the bottom of the right side window saying PCI DEVICE FOUND and would I like to install from searching from the internet I click yes and it searches comes back no searches and says insert a disc to install...I tried going to DEVICE MANAGER and Disable and Enable the Network adapters but it still keeps popping up and now I noticed it's freezing and wont stay connected to my dial up or wifi because of freezing

I ran Malwarebytes and AVG virus scanner and both came back no virus

I'm at a loss I tried everything except system restore 'cause I dont have a Windows XP home edition disc if anyone could please help or point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:35 AM

stay connected to my dial up or wifi because of freezing

You use dial up for LAN and wifi? Must be a faulty card. Have you tried reinserting the card?

Tekken

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,874 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:36 AM

What particular model of Toshiba Satellite do you have?

Louis

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:47 PM

If you know what device the problem is you can go here to download all the drivers for your Toshiba, Login is not required for drivers, only for the support forum.

https://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/pubLogin.jsp
This page is for the general public.
Click the Download Tab, then Laptop then You choose your general model, Satellite, Satellite pro then the next box populates etc. The exact model is on the bottom of your Toshiba. I believe the BIOS should also display what it is. I'm not 100% sure on that.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#5 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:56 PM

If you provide the exact toshiba model we can link you directoy to the drivers that you need for your wifi.
Most likely you just need to reinstall them.

The other message, a local network cable is unplugged is for your ethernet adapter, which is of course not plugged in because you are using wifi
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users