Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Message: Spywareblaster

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 twigy

twigy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 01 February 2006 - 01:25 PM

I just downloaded the latest version of spywareblaster and installed it but when I try to launch it I get error message "This computer has performed an illegal operation and will shut down". I had the older version and it worked fine but I uninstalled it before installing the new one. Any suggestions?

(Moderator edit: moved topic to more appropriate forum and changed original post title. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 01 February 2006 - 03:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,732 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 AM

Posted 02 February 2006 - 05:04 PM

twigy,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Just wondering if you followed the steps here? From the Javacool site. --> It is recommended that you uninstall your current version of SpywareBlaster before installing the new version. To do this:
1.) Open SpywareBlaster and press the "Disable All Protection" link under "Quick Tasks".
2.) Close SpywareBlaster.
3.) Go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the entry named "SpywareBlaster v3.4"
4.) Download the latest SpywareBlaster installer from here and run it.

If you didn't "Disable All Protection" prior to uninstalling it's very likely you have corrupted the new version. I would suggest that you uninstall the file you have then. use the link in item 4 above and reinstall. hth

Be (Corrupted Install) Safe

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 twigy

twigy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:19 PM

I have did this two times and still get the same error message. the program won't launch. Thanks for trying to help, anymore suggestions?

twigy

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 04 February 2006 - 12:05 PM

You can always try SpywareBlaster Support
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016