Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

file header too large

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 marcswearingen

marcswearingen

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:02 PM

When I try to sync music from windows media player to my phone,I get an error message on some songs that says File header too large. Does anyone know what I can do to correct this so the songs will play. I download mp3s from napster & my phone is a Blackjack2.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,874 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:56 PM

Sometimes...when I edit a music file or convert the format...a given player/program may refer it as "headerless PCM data" and I interpret this as a way of saying "I cannot read this file."

What I do then is use another program to change the tag and filename...and it can be read.

In your case, you might take a look at those two things...and see if you can shorten the filename via a simple change. Some music that is downloaded via the Internet comes with rather long names and that may be problem.

Louis

This happened again today...and I was incorrect about the filename/tags. The problem is the file format and it seems to be a quirky one. Even though some files are encoded as .mp3 and will play in certain/all players...when I use Cool Edit 2K, it can't read some of them. So I simply use Real Player to "convert" the files to my custom mp3 format (192) and CE2K can now read/play/edit said files.

Edited by hamluis, 27 November 2011 - 07:24 PM.
Added data.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users