Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LSASS.EXE

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jshooter

jshooter

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:46 PM

Hello,
I recently downloaded an update for my MCAFEE virus software. When my computer restarted I received the message, lsass.exe "The application failed to intialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate to application. When I click ok all I see is a black screen with a non-blinking cursor.
-I can't run a cd
-I can't run any mode in F8
-Control ATL Delete Won't Work
-No Task Manager
-I tried to autorun on a flashdrive but it won't recognize the flash drive.
I really have no idea what to try next. Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:23 AM

Please tap F8 when you start your computer until the Advanced Boot Options menu comes up. Select Last Known Good Configuration. Does it boot normally into Windows now?

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users