Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Comodo Firewall Pro - Ghost

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cumbiamo

cumbiamo

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:48 PM

OK .. over a year ago I had Comodo installed. I uninstalled it back then and just recently found that Windows was picking it up as active. I have deleted registry keys, legacy registry keys, dl programs to remove Comodo, serached for the name to delete, etc. When I go to Shields up it says that I am totally stelth. Unless my Uverse gateway does that it seems I have something blocking access. Which in of itself is OK but I do not have any control of it if it is. In P2P applications it shows "Firewalled" eventhough I have poked holes for specific ports in my routher. I am at a total loss to figure out if this thing is actuially gone or just a Windows error. I am running Windos Xp home, sp3. Avira Free which has no friewall.

In the meantime, there are many many websites that I just can't connect to for no apparent reason. Linkedin is one that comes and goes, as just others whn I do searches. It happens with both IE and Mozilla. Any help would be truly appreciated.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users