Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wacky Wacked Out User Account Discrepancies

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 atlantamiki1

atlantamiki1

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:12 PM

I am trying to help a friend out with his computer. He has 4 user accounts: His mom, his son, him, and guest. His mom's user acct. seems to be attracting more pop ups that are REAAAAALLLLLYYYYY hard to escape. His own user acct. with the exception of 1 or 2 pop ups seems to be fine. He had Norton Antivirus Ware until Sunday but he can't afford to renew. I downloaded Microsoft Security Essentials for him, but it's the same problem. When I sign on to his mom's acct., I get pop ups galore like fake "winupd4580.exe" alerts, "324 system error alerts on your computer", and spyware notice junk. Some website is attempting to scan the computer over and over and over and over--but I can't even use the Task Manager to end the application and close the window. I sign on to his user acct. and the only time I get pop ups is when I'm trying to google spyware removal. Should I try Malware Bytes?-Thanks in advance for your help. Also, 1/2 of the programs seem to not be running and there might be a legitimate message coming like "Hard drive system failure. . .root something." and the Run.Dll seems not to be functioning. (I'll look at it again tomorrow)

Edited by atlantamiki1, 24 November 2011 - 07:27 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users