Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Everytime I start my computer , a message will pop up on the screen. :" One of the files containing the system's Registry data had to be recovered by

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Marvz

Marvz

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:48 PM

Hi,

My problem is the following: Everytime I start my computer , a message will pop up on the screen. I am using Windows XP -Pro

Message is:" One of the files containing the system's Registry data had to be recovered by use of log or alternate copy. The recovery was successful." And I cannot open certain number softwares like Adobe Illustrator and Photo Shop.

Please advise how to get rid of it.
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate, Processor: Phenom II X4 955, Mobo: ASUS M4A89GTD RAM: 8 Gb DDR3, Storage: 1 TB WD, GPU: ASUS ATI 4890 and Saphire 4890 in crossfire, Sound card: Asus Xonar D1, PSU: Cooler Master 750 w , Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 AM

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:41 PM

Hi Marvz -

Can you remember the last time you ran a disk check ?
Go > Start > Run > Type or copy/paste chkdsk /r and click OK.
Next > Reboot your computer for the check to start. This can take one hour or more depending on your system and the contents.

Please let it fully complete, and the computer will then restart again.

Thank You -

#3 Marvz

Marvz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:55 PM

Nope... I'll try that.. Thanks
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate, Processor: Phenom II X4 955, Mobo: ASUS M4A89GTD RAM: 8 Gb DDR3, Storage: 1 TB WD, GPU: ASUS ATI 4890 and Saphire 4890 in crossfire, Sound card: Asus Xonar D1, PSU: Cooler Master 750 w , Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,398 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:58 PM

Worth a look, http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-system/one-of-the-files-containing-the-systems-registry/926cca77-905a-45b3-95c4-50711a6cdc03 .

Louis

#5 kbit

kbit

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:17 PM

yes run chkdsk , make sure you check both boxes , say yes to run at next boot , reboot , let scan run. might be a bad hdd sector and windows just replaces info into bad sector every boot. chkdsk will either repair or use a spare sector if bad sectors found, chkdsk CANNOT make repairs while xp is running and needs to run at boot.

#6 Marvz

Marvz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:26 PM

I have tried it and did not work..Thanks guys..

Edited by Marvz, 28 November 2011 - 08:31 PM.

#7 Marvz

Marvz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:28 PM

Actually it is my uncle's computer and it will not start anymore. After the ESET nod32 gave an error message "no firewall configuration" the computer will not boot anymore. I think the best way to fix it is to buy a new one. :hysterical: ... By the way it is an old computer (pentium 4). I am also thinking the issue might be on RAM because sometimes it turns to blue screen and its hard to find a RAM (DDR) compatible with old model computers. Thank you so much for the help guys.. I do really appreciate it.. :thumbsup:

#8 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,540 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:45 PM

Nope, because if it is infected the user will simply do exactly the same thing and get it reinfected again.
THe best option at this point is to format it and reload
In the beginning there was the command line.

#9 Marvz

Marvz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:59 PM

Yes, we did reformat it and it worked. It is really a hassle to re-install softwares again specially if the computer is slow. But the blue screen issues is still there. After using the computer for a couple of hours it will turn to blue screen and then it will work again after you reboot. What could be the caused of it?

Edited by Marvz, 05 December 2011 - 10:01 PM.

#10 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,398 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:08 AM

Let's try this.

Download/install BlueScreenView, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html .

Double-click BlueScreenView.exe file.

When autoscan is done (screen comes up), click Edit/Select All...then File/Save Selected Items.

Save the report as BSOD.txt.

Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content and paste it into your next reply.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users