Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HD Help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 triad_cowboy

triad_cowboy

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:21 PM

I have a HD that I been ask to see if I can recover the data from... ITs is a samsung Sp2504c
All I can tell you at this time is it came out of a Dell computer(No model or specs readily available, Info has been requested)

Here the problem.... the computer took a power surge from a nearby lighting strike.... because the computer was under warranty...
others repaired it.

Whenever I attemp to boot from the HD It will run through the bootup process and after hanging on the Windows XP screen it will eventually give me the blue screen.

The blue screen has the following tech info

0X0000008E (0XC0000005, 0X00000000, 0XB227C88,0X00000000)

I have try booting in safe mode, last known good config, and all other options,

Any Suggestions???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,583 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 AM

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:27 PM

If you're trying to retrieve data from an unbootable drive, you want to slave it.

#3 triad_cowboy

triad_cowboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:44 PM

Will Do

Thanks

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,583 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:47 PM

You're welcome.

#5 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,583 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2011 - 03:11 PM

By the way, depending on the OS you may need to take ownership in order to access the data (just Google "take ownership" followed by the OS in question or post back here and we'll walk you through it).

#6 triad_cowboy

triad_cowboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:56 PM

Shouldnt be no problem either way.... :thumbup2: actually it be more of a problem for me to fine my jumper to set the HD to slave...LOL :crazy: If I cant manage it I be sure to ask for help.... sis is really wanting her data ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users