Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Start Up Message Error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 motherofall

motherofall

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:41 AM

Greetings from Alabama!

Every time XP starts, I get error message indicating that hphmon06.exe and hpzjrd01.dll are missing. I previously had to do a complete system recovery on this pc using HP discs provided, after moving machine to new house. i have HP Pavillion a832n which was complete with their usual hotload(of course!) yecchh!

What can I do to fix this annoying problem?

Many Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:42 AM

Welcome to Bleeeping Computer!

Well, first good news: Neither one of these error messages necessarily means you are infected with any malicious software! More info can be found by clicking on the following:

hphmon06.exe
hpzjrd01.dll

Now, how to deal with the problem. What is happening is that a program (or programs) have been told to start when you boot your computer, and there are some files missing or corrupt that these programs need.

You could uninstall any programs related to these two files and then reinstall them. That might take care of the problem.

Another easy way is to go to:
Start > Run type "msconfig" (without the quotes) and then click on the 'Startup' tab. Here you will find a list of programs that are starting when you boot your computer. Uncheck any that are related to the two missing files and you will no longer see the error messages at bootup.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 01 February 2006 - 03:47 PM

Hello, Below is a description of one of the files.

Description:
hphmon05.exe is a process relating to the Hewlett Packard software HP Photosmart, and provides easy access to flash card reading functions. This program is non-essential process to the running of the system, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.

Why not just reinstall the HP Photosmart software. That should solve the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users