Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Blue-Hare

Blue-Hare

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:46 AM

Okay

I have encountered a weird problem with my computer:
Sometimes it boots normally and sometimes gives a black screen and sometimes it restarts itself and sometimes there is an endless loop of restarts. When black screen comes you can do nothing and it's only black and you can only unplug the pc since the power button will not work.

I installed another hard drive and installed Ubuntu (now dualboot-system with windows) but I'm still having the problem.
I also changed the boot sequence in Bios options, otherwise bios settings are default.

I have read somewhere that when computer boots only sometimes it's usually broken RAM stick, so I tried different RAM sticks and different slots but it was all in vain. I also ran Memtest86+ with 6 passes and no errors, after this I noticed that computer boots normally after Memtest.

Now I'm suspecting it might be GPU problem but when it boots normally everything is absolutely fine so I dunno if it can be GPU either.

Now, I will have to run Memtest every time I want to start my computer, not a big deal really but it would be nice to get rid of this problem.

Can anyone help?

And the computer is this:
Fujitsu Siemens scenic p320 l915g
And the motherboard

And I don't think this has anything to do with software since the problems are the same on windows xp and on Ubuntu.

Edited by Blue-Hare, 24 November 2011 - 11:01 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:20 AM

Try another power supply of same or greater wattage. Re apply thermal paste for CPU. Update and or reinstall audio/video drivers. Check hardware temps. for possible thermal issue. Make sure no dust on gold contacts and slots for RAM, Video card and even on processor. On checking RAM by troubleshooting, use atleast one stick of RAM to check on the reboot, blackscreen for couple of hours or a day. Use also onboard graphics chipset first and remove all external devices except for PS/2 or USB keyboard and mouse.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users