Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Won't Boot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gamingfiber

gamingfiber

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:06 PM

My computer will no longer boot.The computer will power on but, when I turn on my PC it does not make a beep noise. I already tried removing the ram and there was a long beep. I also noticed there was a constant clicking noise coming from the CD drive. I think my CD drive may be dead. I recently reinstalled windows and set the BIOS to boot from the CD rom first. Could this have anything to do with it. I dont know much about computers so thanks for your help.

My specs are as follows

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT
CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9550
MOBO: Asus M3A78-CM
RAM: 2 GB DDR2-800 PC6400

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 a_cup

a_cup

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:21 PM

hi gamingfiber,

Does it tell you to insert disc or do you have the boot disc in the cd drive?

If you set the BIOS to boot from the cd then yes it is trying to boot from the cd..You will need to enter BIOS and change the boot sequence or clear the CMOS. The directions for clearing the BIOS should also be in the manual
How to clear CMOS.

Pauline

#3 gamingfiber

gamingfiber
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:34 AM

My monitor stays blank when turning on my PC, forgot to mention that sorry.

#4 a_cup

a_cup

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:19 PM

Is the monitor powering up? Check the connections..Try it on another computer...Windows may be loaded you but cannot see it, Click the source button on the monitor to check that the source is correct.
Try resetting the BIOS How to clear CMOS.

Pauline

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users