Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 won't boot

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 _toast

_toast

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:37 PM

Okay so I got my Acer 4736 laptop around 2 and a half ears ago. Sometime last year or maybe more, the battery stopped holding as much power. So, I decided to just take it out and then just plug in the AC, treating it like a desktop. Around a month ago, it wouldn't boot anymore. It would turn on, the "Starting Windows" would come out, then it would just power off. This only happened if I let it boot into windows. If I stayed in BIOS or the screen where it would ask me if I wanted to launch Startup repair, it would stay on. I could also boot from a Linux Live CD. So then we sent it to my cousin to get it fixed. The replaced the fan (I think, not entirely sure) and then reinstalled Windows. It worked fine after that. Now, it's acting up again. It won't boot when I try to turn it on. I have to keep trying for a couple of times before it manages to go to the desktop. It always turns off on the "Starting Windows" part. A fix I've found is to let it just stay plugged in for a while, before pressing the power button. I think for some reason it can;t start when it's cold? I'm not sure though. And then last night, I got the BSOD while trying to start it. I've tried startup repair, system restore, memory diagnostics, but tit still BSODs. I also cannot get into Safe Mode, either. I also cannot reinstall Windows at the moment because I do not have the DVD. I got the install files from msdn. I'll try to burn in once I get my hands on a blank disk, but I would really rather not except as a last resort.

The BSOD I get is:

***STOP 0x0000007B (0xFFFFF880009A9928, 0xFFFFFFFFC000000D,0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000)

If anyone could help me, it would be much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:21 PM

You can try diagnosing by following some of these instructions http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-PC-Which-Won%27t-Boot

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users