Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant use Monitor!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SupahKoopaTroopa

SupahKoopaTroopa

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:08 PM

My monitor has worked fine since Ive had it. But today I decided to use my TV as an external monitor. After I was done i tried hooking my monitor back up to my desktop and it is jumping all over the screen and i cant do anything. I cant change resolution or anything and i dont think its the monitor because i tried a second monitor with a different cord and it still didnt work. If you need more understanding of what exactly my computer is doing i can make a quick video showing you my monitor.
Also when i first start the computer the windows xp load screen is fine but once it goes to the blue welcome screen my monitor goes crazy and i cant see anything.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:53 PM

you need to change your video settings back to match the monitor.
windows startup looks right because the video driver has not yet been loaded.

you need to enter safe mode so the video driver will not load, then you can change the settings.

enter safe mode by restarting and tapping F8 key before windows starts. you will then be presented with a menu of different ways to start windows (chose safe mode)

if you do not know your monitors settings you may be able to use system restore (while in safe mode) to correct the issue.

#3 SupahKoopaTroopa

SupahKoopaTroopa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:37 PM

wow the simplest things seem to make the biggest difference! Here i was thinking that i possibly corrupted or knocked loose something inside my computer and all i had to do was a system restore! Thanks you so much for helping!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users