Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

quality inkjet wanted

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ltdave

ltdave

• Members
  • 268 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:59 AM

my buddy has a relatively newer HP network inkjet that he has very mixed feelings about, from HPs customer support to the amount of bloatware the driver put on his computers to issues with the ink cartridges (takes 6 different carts)...

i used to have a (something, HP?) 722. it stopped feeding paper into it a long time ago so i got rid of it. and i got a 'freebie' canon with another computer system i bought for a friend and used it for a while but the ink on it didnt last long and they were pricey cartridges...

ive had two different Brother b/w laser printers and have absolutely loved them both (the current one is an all-in-on) but with a 10yr old needing to start doing stuff for school, id like to have the availability of color...

i dont want to go with a color laser due to the initial cost but i do love the end result quality. epson printers used to be the real shiznit and some of the canons were as well, but there are so many printers out there anymore (and im sure theres a 100 opinions on each model!) but if anyone has any suggestions im all ears...

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:44 PM

The reason for the 6 cartridges is so you only have to replace the empty one. On your old 722C for example if one color ran out you paid for and replaced all three in one cartridge.

You might want to consider a B&W Laser if you do much B&W Printing.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 ltdave

ltdave
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 268 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:56 PM

ive already got a b/w laser...

looking for a decent (but not bank-breaking) color inkjet for the occasional color printing my daughter will be needing to do for school and the 'sometimes i want something in color' printing ill be doing...

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:59 AM

One other thought, Many of the HP Inkjets also have a Basic Driver on their website that doesn't install all the junk. You would have to check before buying of course.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users