Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

macbook pro apple BOD

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 iedq

iedq

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:32 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was working in a Macbook pro laptop computer.

Original problem was that Airport was saying was not installed.

tryed different things and at the end my result was "You need to restart your computer". This is called a kernel panic. Prior to getting this error was in a site that said that to fix this problem move or delete this file AppleAirport.kext and moved it out the the original folder.

followed a slightly simpler set of steps that just involves removing one file and it worked for me.

1. Open Finder
2. Click 'Go' on the top menu
3. Click 'Go to'
4. enter "/System/Library/Extensions/"
5. Scroll down until you can see:

"AppleAirport2.kext"
"AppleAirport.kext"

6. Move "AppleAirport2.kext" file to the desktop.

NB: This leaves you with "AppleAirport.kext" - the more recent file in the Extensions folder)

I have tried to enter safemode presing shift after pressing the power botton and nothing.

please help and tell me what to do

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 712 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:08 PM

Try reseating the Airport card.
DIY Instructions

0 user(s) are reading this topic