Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown Drivers.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mojomidget

mojomidget

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:12 PM

Hi .. I'm running Windows Xp Pro with a 2.5 ghz intel celeron 256 ddr sdram 80 gig ultra dma harddrive 48x12x48x cd-rw intel extreme graphics 64mb. I recently formatted my hd, reinstalled windows xp pro. when i started windows up and tryed to use my cam...the usb port driver was not installed and sound driver was not installed and the video driver wasn't either...(pci video card was what i seen in bios before i formatted) i have no idea of how to tell what drivers i need or if i really need any. i hope this is the right place to post this also. I went to device manager and there yellow "!" by all three. I tried the add new hardware and it said windows could not find the drivers for it. Thats all the information I can think of right now please help. If any other info is needed I can provide. thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:53 PM

Download and run Evereat. It should tell you what you need to know.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 mojomidget

mojomidget
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2006 - 01:54 AM

Okay thanks.. I d\led that and it helped me find the drivers for my Video and sound problems...but I'm still having trouble finding drivers for my usb port the program says it's a intel 82801DB ICH4-USB Controller [B0] I googled that ...and i found a few sites that claimed to have had it but didn't. I think I haven't found it yet because I don't really know what I'm looking for ...I also have a "!" by the SM Bus it's under the USB pulldown. Any Suggestions? Again thanks for the help.

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2006 - 02:19 AM

Make sure all of your USB devices are unplugged and then delete your USB bus. Boot your computer and Windows will prompt you to install them. You will need you Windows CD if Windows does not see them on your hard drive.
Have you checked you motherboard website. The onboard USB chipset drivers are usually ship on the motherboads drivers CD. Look in your BIOS (If Everest did not list it) for the model number.

#5 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 01 February 2006 - 04:11 PM

Hello, First - The USB port(s) = Is this an add-on card or located on the motherboard as part of the original system?

If located on the motherboard the Windows install disk from the manufacturer should have the drivers on it no matter what the Operating system was. You should ber able to install the drivers by going thru Device manager and the USB section and reinstall driver - just go to the cub-directory for the driver and away you go.

If the USB is a separate card that was installed as an after market board. You will have to get the drivers from tha manufacturer of the board, just go to their web site and to support/drivers.

#6 mojomidget

mojomidget
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2006 - 01:31 AM

I feel dumb now.... all i had to do was unplug the devices that i had in the usb port and windows installed it for me....I just didn't think of that because I have a wireless optical USB mouse. Thanks Acklan. time for another post on a differant subject :thumbsup:

#7 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2006 - 01:35 AM

Glad it worked out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users