Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ComboFix Training

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 shauder

shauder

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:03 PM

I was wondering what it would take to be accepted into formal training for ComboFix and malware removal. I work for a university at a help desk where we help students repair their computers for free (small fee included with tuition). We go through over 3,000 computers a semester in our Walk-In along with several thousand phone calls and in hall appointments. This would be a great opportunity to bring back knowledge to our office and improve our student workers abilities.

Thanks in advance,
shauder

Edited by shauder, 22 November 2011 - 02:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,733 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:12 PM

Take a look here: Malware Removal Training Program Learn about it here, and join the program!

It's not just ComboFix that is taught. That is just one fraction of the skill set that comprises a Malware Removal Team Members training.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 shauder

shauder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:13 PM

Take a look here: Malware Removal Training Program Learn about it here, and join the program!

It's not just ComboFix that is taught. That is just one fraction of the skill set that comprises a Malware Removal Team Members training.

Awesome I appreciate the link!

Do you know when spots may open up?

Thanks!

Edited by shauder, 22 November 2011 - 02:15 PM.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,733 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:28 PM

Due to the self paced nature of training and limitation of number of Instructors, it is impossible to predict with any accuracy when slots will open.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#5 shauder

shauder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:34 PM

Due to the self paced nature of training and limitation of number of Instructors, it is impossible to predict with any accuracy when slots will open.

Thank you for the prompt replies. I have two last questions I promise!

How are the pass codes handed out?

Is there any sort of notification system for when slots open?

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,733 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:39 PM

If space is unavailable here at BC, malware removal training is also offered at other Unite Schools.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,733 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:29 PM

How are the pass codes handed out?

Pass codes are a mechanism to bypass the automated application procedure for admissions. It is the exception to the normal process and managed by the Study Hall Admin. If this is done, it is via a PM here on the forum and between the Study Hall Admin and potential trainee.

Is there any sort of notification system for when slots open?

At this time there is not a notification system in place. The logistics and management of such a system and the fact we have a worldwide membership negate the potential effectiveness and fairness one would expect from it.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users