Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Epson R200 Printer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dave Clark

Dave Clark

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:49 AM

Hi,
I have 2 Epson R200 printers, 1 of which I keep as a spare. I haven't used the printer for about a week and when I switched on the printer went through it's normal cycle but then the 2 red lights flashed and the printer wont go any further. I've tried everything I can including holding down different combinations of the 3 buttons but I still get the same result!
I then got out my spare Epson R200 and I can't even get it to switch on, the carriage seems to be locked as it will not move at all manually, it's just my luck that both printers decide to go awol together. Another problem is that I live in Tenerife so there isn't any service people I can turn to.

Help please,

Dave

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:18 AM

Some general factors that could result in this problem:

- something blocking the print head path
- problems reading the cartridge chips
- wrong cartridge chips
- electrical problem
- etc...

You might also want to give this utility a try:
SSC Service Utility
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#3 Dave Clark

Dave Clark
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:28 AM

Thanks for your reply.
I have the service utility and it comes back with "critical error". I cannot understand how/why both printers should fail. The one with the critical error was used a few days ago no problem, the other has been mothballed for about 3 months but was mothballed because the print heads were a bit blocked but otherwise it was working OK.

Regards,

Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users