Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Laptop.. Memory errors, no start menu.. or desktop.. bsod etc

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MistyC

MistyC

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:21 AM

Tried to fit what I could in my topic so someone can help me or move me to the right forum lol..

Okay here is what happened.. My husband got me a brand new laptop.. windows 7. Sony Viao VPCEH (if that last part means anything lol)

all was well for the first few weeks or so.. Then it started BSOD on me. I have bull guard antivirus & it said all was well & updated.

Few days later it would BSOD again.. no biggie, restart & it worked fine.

NOW a few days ago it started with this million screen error message thing saying something about not being able to store things on the hard drive & something about system 32 (sorry I dont have the actual message this is a different computer) BTW My laptop is running 64 on it .. not 32. (not sure what those are but my husband said he thinks Quick time, which I was trying to install at the time) tried to change things to 32 or something & that is why it is all going nuts now..

My icons disappear from the desktop, besides the recycle bin... and my start menu is empty as well. I was following directions from another thread on here who had similar problems.. installed & ran that unhide program.. ran MB & told it to fix the items found.. restarted & all was well for a few days. Now today it is back doing the same thing.. Only now I can not restore it, repair it or start it in safemode at all. Just gives me the BSOD. I have pictures on there that I REALLY want to save, if possible.. Tried to throw them on a disc when it would let me but it said I had way too many (which I didnt... ) so I couldnt save to disc or usb drive. that was the last time I even SAW my files.

I am leaning towards this being a virus, but at the same time I am not sure since it says memory issues.. oh & I get a "system fix" type scanner thing that pops up & claims I Have all these errors but yet to fix them, I have to buy the program... I can not exit out of the program, just have to slide it away. It usually pops up and then I get the million error "rectangle" type messages.

Any help for me? lol. TYIA for guiding me in the right direction lol. Oh & I do not have any discs for the PC except for the Repair one they had me make when I first got the laptop. They told me to write "Repair Disc Windows 7 64-bit" on it... so I did lol. But that is all I have.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,582 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:53 AM

You should post in the Am I Infected forum (and you are infected).

#3 MistyC

MistyC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:29 AM

ok ty I will repost it over there!!

Admin Note: AII topic at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic428897.html/page__p__2483211#entry2483211 ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 23 November 2011 - 08:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users