Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

More problems than I can list!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ihatethiscrap

ihatethiscrap

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:26 PM

It seems I am having a whole slew of problems recently, especially today. I am at my whits end. Something has to work.

- Blue screen saying memory crash dump or whatever it says. It moved too quick for me to really see what it said.

- It restarted, and everything was fine. Or so it seemed. I tried opening a few of my programs BEFORE the crash and they open, but sort of just sit there and don't do what they are supposed to do.

- I noticed I had some window updates, so I updated those which took about an hour (there were 9), it restarted and then that is when I had my other problem. This Cabinet Maker Loss Less Data Compression Tool thing. It appeared out of nowhere and I have never seen it before. At first I thought it was a virus but thankfully I got to a website quickly that said it was part of Dell's inner workings.

Nothing is opening correctly. I should mention I hardly ever store anything on my Dell hard drive. This one has been sent and resent to Dell over a dozen times for problems. So now, as a person that runs a company and does a lot of work from my laptop (99%) I NEVER store anything on my Dell. I have a Toshiba External hard drive and recently that has been "clicking" so I bought another hard drive a "Passport" which I copy and pasted everything over to. Now my Toshiba is not even showing up in my Computer Hard Disk area on my computer. I have tried everything and I am at a loss as to what to do.

I don't know where to start and this while Cabinet Maker thing is confusing me. I don't really care what it does or how it works or what it's for. I just want to know why it came up today all the sudden and if it had anything to do with everything not working.

I know that was a lot of problems, but if someone can PLEASE help me it would be appreciated. Even if the Dell dies, I don't really care, but here is my last problem :)

When I copied everything from Toshiba hard drive over to passport, certain things did not go over correctly. I noticed most documents crossed over fine. But, programs (for some reason), were turned into shortcuts, and as a shortcut, I cannot open it on the Passport hard drive. Or maybe I should explain this better. I can open it on THIS computer. However, when I plug my Passport into another computer it will not open. How do I fix this? What's the point in putting stuff on an external hard drive if you can't open it on ANY computer?!?? Attached is that Command Prompt screen shot of the cabinet maker.

Attached File  Cabinet Maker tool.jpg   91.29KB   4 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users