Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP iPaq h2200 & Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bigalexe

bigalexe

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:57 PM

Hey I'm trying to save a dinosaur.

My dad has an HP iPaq h2200 running Windows CE 4.2 so this device is somewhere around 2004. I've been tasked with retrieving the contents of the device (contacts and emails) so I can move him into the 21st century. The problem is I have no idea how the heck I can sync this to a modern computer. I don't have the USB cable but do have bluetooth. ActiveSync won't install to my computer.
AMD Phenom II X6 2.8ghz
8GB DDR3 RAM
XFX ATI Radeon HD6850 1 GB DDR5, 26" Widescreen HDMI
500GB + 80GB HDD
Windows 7 Pro, Mozilla Firefox, AutoCAD 2011, Solidworks 2009
1/19/2012

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bigalexe

bigalexe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:54 AM

I'm aware that no one replied but everyone should post solutions when they find them!

SOLUTION:
Running Windows 7 Professional I have access to Windows XP via a virtual machine (Microsoft Virtual PC / WindowsXP Mode). The solution to link with an old device is to install the required software into the virtual machine and forward all the hardware there. However the best solution is to backup your data regularly to avoid the problem in the first place!
AMD Phenom II X6 2.8ghz
8GB DDR3 RAM
XFX ATI Radeon HD6850 1 GB DDR5, 26" Widescreen HDMI
500GB + 80GB HDD
Windows 7 Pro, Mozilla Firefox, AutoCAD 2011, Solidworks 2009
1/19/2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users