Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow Computer, #4

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mistere Zee

Mistere Zee

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:45 AM

I have for some time had problems with my computer slowing down and suffering from frequent bouts of 'Not Responding' on applications, mainly Internet Explorer and Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel.

I previously enquired via Malware Forum - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic416137.html/page__view__getnewpost

They advised there were no malware issues and suggested I try this forum.

My computer is now at the stage where it is periodically unusable, so any help would be gratefully received.

Many thanks.

I have been fighting the same type of activity (or lack there of}. Mine is a desktop. I run CA virus Detector, Super AntiSpyware, PC tools
Registry Mechanic. No virus or malware were detected, and just purchased AOL Computer Checkup. It showed about 700 registry errors.,
Claims to have fixed them, and that all is well. However problem persists unchanged. System operates in spurts. If I wait long enough
on a browser window in Firefox.to open I can use it (ie:like now on this page.) It just feels like an important file has disappeared.

Read Ya,
Z

Edited by hamluis, 21 November 2011 - 01:28 PM.
Split from different topic, PM sent new OP.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:30 AM

If PC tools Registry Mechanic. detects any problems, it usually just means that they want more money -
There is no such program as a half decent Registry Optimiser / Mechanic that will ever fix anything on your computer.

Is this where the 700 registry errors come from ??
Chances are you may have 1 or 2 registry problems, but if the Malware area could not find them, you (like millions of others) are scammed.
Update and run your Antivirus, and I assume you were directed to Malwarebytes previously, so update and scan with that also.
Delete AOL Computer Checkup, and PC tools Registry Mechanic, then after 24 hours report back if there are any changes.

Thank You -

#3 Mistere Zee

Mistere Zee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:45 AM

To N,

Totally agree with your comment about reg cleaners. When ever I review a new one,it always finds Booco many
errors, even after running my current one. Just a nasty ploy to buy theirs. Ya, but where are they getting the ones
they claim to fix??? Currently running a deep scan with CA, at 35,850 files.

Interesting aside, Firefox (my default) and Internet Explorer don't run worth c___, but Chrome runs fairly well, a little slow sometimes, but doable. Haven't used it since it first came out.

Thanks for your quick reply,

A WORK IN PROGRESS

read ya
Z

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users