Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GHOST VIRUS

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Roswell.1701

Roswell.1701

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:36 AM

:question: Hello, Friends. I'm not sure if I'm infected or not, but maybe you can tell me... When I access my photo library from a given site to upload photos, there are images of files that are no longer in that library. Recently, I moved my entire media library to an external hard drive, using the libraries on drive c: (video, picture & music) strictly for immediate uploading and downloading, as well as the designated workspace for the creation and alteration of multi-media files. When I access the picture library, there are pictures of two folders which were actually erased. These images were present the other day when I uploaded a photo as an email attachment, and this morning when I uploaded a picture to an image-sharing site. This has been going on for some time now. But the last straw was when I uploaded the picture this morning, the browser opened in my documents library and there was a document folder there that I had erased a few months ago. When I "open" these phantom folders in the browser, they read as empty... These fake images started, I believe, in July or August, when I started having trouble with my Face Book up-loader. I canceled my Face Book account in September. But I have to go back to last winter, when I tried to change my Yahoo profile picture and the photo wouldn't upload, the up-loader reading "C:\fakepath\. I dumped the account immediately. But in this case, there were no fake images involved. If I had to bet money on it, I'd say it has something to do with Face Book. And one more thing: It is important to note that these fake images are not interfering with my photo uploads at this time. The picture I uploaded this morning uploaded just fine. Still, this is really freaking me out. If any of this is familiar to any one, I'd really appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.
It's all in the mind.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users