Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Things Are Not Working As They Should

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 azrael

azrael

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 31 January 2006 - 07:37 PM

I am getting some strange messages to do with Another Bitorrent ABC. I keep getting a message saying "this torrent is a duplicate do you really want to replace it" when I am doing things that are nothing to do with ABC. My jpegs will not open normally I cannot access any files by clicking my computer and then local disk. I have to use windows explorer. My daughter complains that She cannot use msn messenger and has internet connection problems. I'll leave it at that for moment. I hope someone can help. Cheers.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 31 January 2006 - 07:46 PM

That'd be enough to send me googling for help, Dad

I offer this:

Click this ... http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/ and scan for this: read this and proceed to learn what we recommend. Any difficulties you might encounter as you and your daughter follow
the information/specific advice, please inform us as necessary to accomplish your (not impossible) mission.

Oh, and I'm moving your topic to a place (sub-forum) to where we typically see these kind of comments.
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#3 azrael

azrael
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:07 AM

Do you want me to post a log? OH and one more thing agnitum outpost says zone alarm is running,but I uninstalled it.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:35 AM

There seems to be a jumble of problems with your computer.

When you right click on any JPEG and go to "Properties," with what does the JPEG "open with"?

What does "cannot use MSN Messenger" mean? Is the problem with logging on, or are there problems when using the IM? Precisely what happens and what is she doing when it happens?

What precisely are the internet connexion problems?

I think greater detail and added information will help the members find a solution to these several problems.

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 azrael

azrael
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2006 - 05:48 PM

Windows Picture and Fax Viewer for the jpegs I'll come back with more precise info on the other things. In the meantime Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users