Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pop Up Blocker

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 piroz

piroz

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 31 January 2006 - 07:29 PM

hi all my problem is when i turn off my pop up blocker it does not turn off it stay's on even though it says its off i'm using windows xp home could use some help with this one and my securty level on the pop up blocker is set to low and the sites that i have allowed on it still get blocked thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 t3s

t3s

• Members
  • 628 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 31 January 2006 - 07:36 PM

My advice would be to turn off the windows popup blocker all together and download the Google Toolbar. The popup blocker built into this is just as effective and alot easier to use.

Edited by WlkingMan, 31 January 2006 - 07:37 PM.

“Technology does not drive change -- it enables change.”
-Unknown

"I'm a cannibal... I eat Crackers"

Hacker != Cracker

website is down until further notice. . . . 

#3 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 01 February 2006 - 04:31 PM

What has to be done here is to find out what software he has that is installed that incorporates pop-up blockers. Example not only Google but other toolbars, etc

When we know or you know all you do is have a pop-up blovker turning off party and turn them all off.

Wait until you get Internet Explorer 7.0 You will absolutely love it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users