Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Connection keeps Disconnecting...?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 toicy4ya

toicy4ya

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:16 PM

Hey Everyone,

For the past month i have been experiencing problems with my Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop running windows XP. For some reason my laptop connects to my network for a few minutes then disconnects, then it reconnects for a few minutes and disconnects. This happens repeatedly. I replaced my old Linksys WRT54G v.8 router with a DLink DIR-655 N Router thinking this would solve the problem but it didnt. I also positioned the new router higher than the last one, about 5 feet from the floor. The drivers for the Intel WiFi Link 5100 Mini Wireless Card on my laptop appears up to date, the current driver version is 13.5.0.6 from Intel. I don't experience wireless connection problems with my iPhone, apple tv or Xbox 360. Additionally, my DLink routers firmware is up to date.

Anyone have this problem? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:20 PM

Have you tried connecting wirelessly with the laptop only on the home network?

Tekken

#3 toicy4ya

toicy4ya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:30 PM

Yes, the results were captured I my initial post. This is the problem I've been having.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:24 AM

Try using only the laptop connecting wirelessly on your router first to check on the problem. Log into your router settings and try using mixed mode for b/g/n(if available).Try also changing suggested channel for your router.

Tekken

#5 toicy4ya

toicy4ya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:20 PM

Hey Guys,

After several unsuccessful attemps to fix the issue, I bit the bullet and reformatted my pc. Thanks for all the feedback. Please close this post.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users