Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Minecraft 1.0 released at Minecon

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,542 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:48 AM

This weekend thousands of Minecraft players, reporters, and devotees flocked to the MineCon convention in Las Vegas. Friday, during the keynote address Notch, the creator of MineCraft, pulled a Minecraftesque switch and after years of being in beta, finally launched Minecraft into its full release. This new release officially brings Minecraft out of beta and into version 1.0, while bringing along a variety of new changes and additions.

Minecraft is a world building game that allows you to mine building material to organize and create the world as you wish, while at the same time protecting it from monsters and potentially other players. While the game was in beta, there have been over 16,669,412 registers users who play Minecraft and 4,110,449 people who bought it. As you watch, these numbers go up every second.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:54 PM

There are also some pretty serious bugs in 1.0. Not the least of which being an alarming error when attempting to connect to a remote SMP server, "The Server Responded With An Invalid Server Key."
Posted Image
http://getsatisfaction.com/mojang/topics/the_server_responded_with_an_invalid_server_key

The best solution I've found so far is to run your Minecraft client with full admin rights. Hope this gets fixed soon!

#3 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,483 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:16 PM

well this most likely wont be fixed until after minecon.. seeing as all the devs are at minecon..
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#4 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:24 PM

Yeah, I've gotten that error a lot (or the outdated message). The only server I could connect to was computerxpds's (running vanilla SMP). lol.

Hopefully Bukkit will release an updated version soon.

The release of 1.0 isn't super exciting to me since I've already messed around with the pre-releases, but it's still nice to see it mature out of beta. :)

The new RPG-ish elements don't impress me much, but animal breeding is fun. :woot:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,843 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:28 PM

but animal breeding is fun. :woot:

Posted Image

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:27 PM

The only server I could connect to was computerxpds's (running vanilla SMP). lol.

What about mine? It's vanilla as well.

#7 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:39 PM

@Animal :hysterical:

What about mine? It's vanilla as well.

Still getting the invalid server key error:

Posted Image

#8 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:22 PM

Fixed server-side, I think.

#9 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:05 AM

Working now. :thumbup2:

Edited by keyboardNinja, 20 November 2011 - 12:05 AM.

#10 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:56 AM

Same here, i got the horrible message on my server which in the process of raging and trying out on upgrading it, i deleted my world -.- Other then that, i love the new changes in the version :heart:

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#11 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,483 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:47 AM

Mines not running vanilla any more! plugins are working as well now! bukkit is awesome (its a dev build to) :) and i had it running yesturday all day without issue, seems pretty stable the end is a little bugged but that is bukkit's issue. Just pm me if you want to join it. :) It will be on later today around 3:00PM est

Whats cool is my multi world plugin still works so i still have my 1.8 world running as well as the new worlds. :)

Edited by computerxpds, 21 November 2011 - 08:50 AM.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#12 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:44 PM

Sweet! :thumbsup:

Too bad I won't be able to get on til next week (home for Thanksgiving). :(

#13 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,483 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:05 PM

Its ok lol, probably a good thing by that time we might have a recommended build. :)
sigcomp.png 

#14 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:53 AM

Cool beans. :)

#15 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:15 PM

Official release notes are out: http://mcupdate.tumblr.com/post/13198722495/minecraft-1-0

EuroGamer also posted an article detailing the update (with a video of Notch coding): http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-23-minecraft-1-0-launch-patch-notes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users