Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Randomly runs very slow

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Laxman24

Laxman24

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:29 AM

My computer every so often runs very slow, mostly noticeable when I play a game or something, When the computer runs fine all games I play run very smooth and fast, but for some reason about once a month or so my computer runs very slow for a week or 2 at a time, the game play is very choppy and runs slow. Whenever this happens the first thing I always try is restarting the computer and run my anti malware programs but they never find anything and doesn't seem to do anything about this issue. Eventually it goes back to running at a normal fast speed, but I was hoping someone could tell me why it has those slow periods.

Alienware M15X
Windows 7
64-bit Operating System
4 GB Ram
Intel Core I3 CPU M350 @2.27 GHZ

Edited by Laxman24, 19 November 2011 - 08:30 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lefty3120

Lefty3120

• Members
  • 112 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:02 AM

Hi Laxman24,

Your computer might be running slow because of to many activities running in the background. Windows 7 has a few tasks it is scheduled to perform every week.

One way to cut back is to disable some unneeded services or processes.

To do this click the start button, type msconfig into the search field, and select the msconfig utility.

Once the program is open click the startup tab. Many of the items listed don't need to be running at startup.

#3 Laxman24

Laxman24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:17 AM

I will try this, thanks for the feedback, The only other point I can say is I do not think its an issue at start up just because sometimes I Will put the computer to sleep or in hibernation mode and when I open it up the next day or a few hours later thats when it will be running slow and it will stay slow for a week or 2 and then all of a sudden it just start running fine again. I have friends who have windows 7 and they dont seem to have this issue.

Edited by Laxman24, 05 December 2011 - 09:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users